HOW TO RETRIEVE THE POCKET WIFI?
HOW TO RETURN THE POCKET WIFI?
You can return the Pocket WiFi by mail using the prepaid envelope Or choose to return it by yourself. Detailed information are available on the delivery page.
- If you choose a prepaid envelope you can send it back from one of the following countries by sliding it in a local mailbox or drop it at a post office before leaving:
Please note: the prepaid envelope can only be used for the country you state as returning country in the checkout! For example, if you state Italy as returning country, you can only return the Pocket WiFi from Italy.
- If you chose a self return envelope, we provide you with a protective envelope. You just have to buy a stamp at the local post office to return the hotspot. Let us know if you need assistance.
I FORGOT TO SEND BACK THE DEVICE
If you forgot to send us the package, here is the procedure :
- Send us an email to let us know that the package will be late
- Post back the device and all the accessories back to our office in Paris (at your charge) to:
23 rue d’Aboukir,
- On the shipping slip: write "1 Euro" for the item value for the shipment, as the custom fees will be charged to you if any.
MAIL BOXES AT EUROPEAN AIRPORTS
Find a detailed list of all available mailboxes in Europe's biggest airports from where you can send back the Pocket WiFi
WHAT IS A POCKET WIFI OR MIFI?
A Pocket WiFi, also known as Mifi, is a small wireless hotspot that connects to the internet through mobile network (in 4G) and broadcast a WiFi which allow any WiFi enabled device to get access to the internet with a fast and secure connection.
Here at My Webspot, we use two different types of Pocket WiFi:
Dimensions: 126 x 68 x 16,8 mm ( D x W x H )
Weight: 200 g
Battery Life: 8 hours
Dimensions: 127 x 66 x 15,2 mm ( D x W x H )
Weight: 150 g
Battery Life: 8 hours
WHAT CAN I DO WITH IT?
Our mobile hotspot will give you full access to the internet. Every usual usage is possible. You will also have access to every data consuming application of your smartphone, tablet or computer:
- Receive and send emails
- Use maps to find your way
- Use applications to find good adresses during your stay
- Use Internet to check all usefull information for your travel
Our mobile hotspot will give you full access to the internet. Every usual usage is possible. However, due to the high data usage we explicitly advice you not to use My Webspot for:
- Streaming (e.g. Netflix, Youtube)
- Downloading movies
- Software updates
- Cloud services (e.g. Google Drive, Dropbox)
- Playing online games
In addition, we recommend to switch off services like ICloud that run in the background of your device.
WHY DO I NEED MY WEBSPOT?
Data roaming charges are expensive (they can cost up to 15€ per MB) - with an average 100 MB of data consumption per day, invoice can be really large (1500€ per day).
Our solution provides you a service at low cost (9.90€ day for unlimited internet). We have NO ADDITIONAL COSTS or hidden fees.
With our solution, you will have a high speed access to internet at a limited cost.
WHAT ARE THE COUNTRIES COVERED?
Our pocket wifi packages cover more than 100 countries in the world.
Please have a look below to find the list of countries covered:
- For Europe(more than 28 countries covered): Rent wifi Europe
- For North America : Rent wifi North America
- For South America : Rent wifi South America
- For Asia : Rent wifi Asia
- For France only : Rent wifi France
- For International: Rent wifi Global
Please find a detailed map with all covered countries !
Due to fluctuations in the signal of our providers we cannot provide any guarantee over the strength of your connection. 4G/3G coverage is available in all 4G/3G compatible areas.
WHAT PAYMENT METHODS DO WE OFFER?
We provide a full secure payment process (through Paypal and Stripe). We accept MasterCard, Visa, CB, JCB, American Express and Paypal Accounts.
I WANT TO CHANGE/ CANCEL MY BOOKING
If you wish to modify or cancel your order, please contact us by e-mail or by phone.
Fees linked to the modification or cancelation of your order:
- Any modification of the order is free, as long as the information is received more than 5 days before the start of the rental. After this, you will be charged the shipping costs,
- For any cancelation made more than 7 days before the rental starts, we will only charge you a 1 day rental fee,
- For any cancelation made between 1 to 7 days before the rental starts, you will be charged for 2 days of usage and delivery fees (delivery and return),
- For any cancelation made during the rental period, you will be charged 30% of the rest of the rental.
WHAT IS THE DEPOSIT FOR THE DEVICE?
The deposit for our device is of 180€. The deposit is debited from your account only if you do not return the device.
When an insurance is taken for the device, the maximum amount debited in case of damage or loss is reduced to 90€.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE INSURANCE?
Insurance is available as an additional option for your rental. It covers you for damage, loss (including theft) of all Equipment, by reducing the amount of the deposit to 90€ (instead of 180€).
HOW MANY DEVICES CAN BE CONNECTED?
You can connect up to 5 devices at the same time on a Pocket WiFi (Computer, tablet, Phone, etc.). The connection speed is then shared between each device.
HOW LONG DOES THE BATTERY LAST?
The battery in use will last up to 8 hours for 4G hotspot. We recommand you to charge it everynight.
We also propose additional battery if you are planning to travel during long period without charging the hotspot.
HOW FAST IS THE POCKET WIFI?
We provide a 4G-LTE connection in all the countries included in our coverage (when and if available). The speed of the Pocket Wifi depends on the network coverage; when it is connected to 4G-LTE network, the download speed can be up to 100 Mbps, and the upload speed around 40 Mbps. When 4G is not available the Pocket WiFi connects to 3G.
4G Network is available in most important cities that we cover.