Summer in France: Find out what to do
There are so many things to do for all different tastes and different budget! We have selected a few of our favorite places and activities to do in France this summer!
Enjoy the nature
During a summer in France there are plenty of wonderful places to visit in the countryside:
- Lac d’Annecy renowned for its beautiful harmonious landscape and for the fantastic quality of the water in the lake, it is one of the purest in Europe.
- Gorges du Verdon. The Verdon is rightly considered as the most beautiful canyon of Europe. Walked over by hikers from all over the the world, the Verdon has become a natural site protected since 1990.
- The Albatre Coast (falaises d’Etretat) owes its name to 140 km of chalky cliffs bounded by the Estuary of the Seine and that of the Somme. You will be surprised by the wild and a little bit austere beauty.
- Ride along the Loire by bike near the Loire and enjoy an amazing and different view on the castles of the region such as Chambord, Amboise, Blois, etc. More than 21 chateaux of the Loire to discover.
- The Bay of Somme is the largest estuary in northern France with around 7200 ha. From north to south, it offers with the tides and seasons, a range of colors, lights and varied landscapes.
- Mercantour National Park in the extreme southeast of France. This unique situation between sea and mountains gives its outstanding and original character.
Want to listen to musique during your summer in France?
- Vieilles charrues (July 16th 2015 – July 19th 2015 in Carhaix Plouguer) : One of France biggest festival. Its goal is to mix a maximum of different types of music. This year Muse, The Do or even the Chemical Brothers will be playing.
- Paris jazz festival (June 7th 2015 – July 26th 2015 in Paris) : A crowning event for the Paris jazz scene, in keeping with its green setting, this annual festival puts emphasis on new discoveries, creations and awakening of the senses.
- Eurockeennes de belfort (July 3rd 2015 – July 5th 2015 in Belfort) : During the first weekend of July, lasting three days and three nights, a musical extravaganza on a beautiful natural peninsula in Eastern France.
- Les Déferlantes sud de France (July 10th 2015 – July 17th 2015 in Argeles Sur Mer) : Among many artists, Lenny Kravitz and Skip the Use will be this year attending this huge festival in the south of France
- Mont saint-Michel Discover in the region of Bretagne the « Wonder of the Western World » forms a tower in the heart of an immense bay invaded by the highest tides in Europe. It has been acknoweledge as UNESCO’s world heritage
- Palais des Papes Avignon The skyline of Avignon is a magnificent urban landscape.The Palace of the Popes stands as the mighty symbol of the church’s influence throughout the western Christian world in the 14th century.
- Grottes de Lascaux, located in the region of Perigord, one of France’s most beautiful region.The Lascaux cave is one of the most important Palaeolithic caves decorated. Often compared to the préhistoric Sistine Chapel.